2 July 2012

Winter Holly - Christmas in July

Hello Everyone!
It's Christmas in July so I've made a winter themed card called Winter Holly.


To make my card I used a Cuttlebug Snowflake Flourish embossing folder and a Holly Flourish die cut by Cheery Lynn Designs.  I coloured the Holly die cut with a silver Sharpie marker and applied diamond glitter glue to it.  I made my own pearl embellishments with Dimensional Glue by Sparkle n Sprinkle and once they were dry I used Pearl by Ranger Perfect Pearls and dusted over the dried glue to pearlize the glue.  I attached four pearls to the one side of my card and also edged the card and all the layers with a silver Sharpie marker.

I've entered my card in some fun challenges:
Third Coast Creative Challenge Blog -TCCC#1 Deck our Blog with Boughs of Holly 
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #35 - Christmas in July
Hooked on Craft Challenges #22 - Christmas in July
Lollipop Crafts Challenge #84 - Christmas in July
Cute Daisy May - Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - White on White

Thanks for stopping by to see my card!

Val S

18 comments:

  1. Such a lovely elegant card, really like how you used the embossing folder. Thanks for taking part in the TCCC's first challenge. :) Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant, indeed, every girl loves silver and diamonds! Great idea on making your own pearl embellishments! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Brilliant work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant and wintery and the homemade pearls are the pearl-fect touch ;0) Thanks for taking part in TCCC's first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just lovely! I think I may have to get that Cuttlebug folder! Yours looks wonderful! It's a great card! Thanks for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely Christmas card, I love the CAS look.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How elegant! Perfect choice of colors for this design. What a lovely die...

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty and elegant!! Thank you for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh i never see this gorgeous folder before. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card thanks for joining in at WD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant card, Val. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful WOW card. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very elegant! This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and very elegant Val! :) Gorgeous classy feel to this!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts for our July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful, elegant card. I love it. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Happy St Paddy Day

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog! Materials used: John Next Door background Leaf Stamp Promarkers  Distress Oxide  Pink Frog Smooth White Ca...